Make-Up Haul



Just last month, me and my best friend Bianca (@ofalltheoldsouls_) went into Sephora, a.k.a a grown woman's version of a candy shop and left with nothing! I know, it was hard for both of us not to spend anything but we did come up with a plan to save up some money and go on a make-up shopping spree. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get together because...well adult life is hard and I couldn't wait any longer so I went and got a few things. It's safe to say that I'm broke now and Sephora has taken all of money but it is worth it because I became a VIB! (Very Importanr Beauty Insider) I lost the card as soon as I got home so I really need to find that asap but anyways let's get right into the haul.




Since I became a part of VIB and had enough points, I got a free Origins Radiance-Boosting Bests Skincare kit which comes with a Checks and Balanes face wash, Ginzing eye cream, Modern Friction face scrub (I think lol), and High-Potency Night-A-Mins face cream. I've always heard good things about Origins so when it came down to the two choices of Make-Up Forever make-up and Origins skincare kit at the cash register, of course I picked Origins. The only thing that I have used so far is the High-Potency Night-A-Mins face cream and I love the fact that it smells like an orange and how thick it is! I prefer my night creams to be very thick so that it will keep my face hydrated throughout the whole night. I still have yet to try out the other three products and I honestly can't wait. I'm a sucker for skincare. I suggest spending money on skincare first then make-up because you're base/face has to look good in order for your make-up to look good as well.





The next skincare item that I purchased was a sample size of the Glam Glow PowerMud Dual-cleanse Treatment Mask. Originally I wanted the white one which is the Glam Glow SuperMud Clearing Treatment Mask sample but they didn't have it so I just chose the green one. I tried it for the first time tonight so I don't necessarily have much to say about it but what I would like to mention is that it felt a little bit tingling when I put it on my skin but it went away after awhile. After 10 minutes, I applied water to rinse it off and it turned into an oil which I like a lot. It felt like I was killing two birds with one stone because it went from a mask to a cleansing oil. Although one thing I did notice after I dried it off was that my acne was a bit more prominent (it's that time of the month) and I was hoping for it stop the swelling of the acne. It was my first time using it so I don't exactly know how this will work but that was my two cents of my first time using this product.




The next purchase is an all time classic in the make-up world. Ever since I started watching make-up tutorials on Youtube, every single person and their mother has MAC's Fix+ which is exactly why I bought it! This is not just water in a bottle, it is a water mist infused with vitamins, minerals, chamomile, green tea, and cucumber. If you're still not convinced that it's more than just water in a bottle, look at the ingredients list. The Fix+ has a myriad of uses, for example, if you're eyeshadow isn't quit as pigmented or opaque as you'd like, just spritz this onto your brush, dip the brush into the eye shadow and onto the eye and voila! You're eye shadow has much more va va voom. That isn't the only way you can use the Fix+, you can look it up on google for it's other uses.





Another purchase that I'm excited about is my pink Beauty Blender. I've been using the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge and ripped it up pretty bad while cleaning it so I thought why not buy a Beauty Blender to try it out. I've heard nothing but good things about this and lately I've been obsessed with blending out my foundation and under-eye concealer with a sponge because of the finish.




My next item is the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer. I bought this because my under eyes are pretty dark. Event though they're not that much of a concern of mine, I'd still like to cover them up because I don't like how regular concealer makes my under eyes look almost ashy if I don't color correct them first. I got mine in the shade neutral medium and when I swatched it, I can immediately tell that it has a salmon/peach undertone which if you ladies didn't know, those colors are the best color to mute out the purple and blue undertones of your dark circles (check the color wheel if you don't believe me). This concealer has many great reviews like the previous mentioned products.




 I've wanted a Becca pressed highlighter for the longest time and now that I finally have the color Opal highlighter, I'll hear nothing but angels singing in harmony when I apply it to my face. Honestly can we just take a moment to appreciate how beautiful this highlighter is?! I wanted a gold highlighter for a while now since for some reason I kept gravitating towards highlights with pink undertones. I'm so excited to use this!





 I picked up these three Make-Up Forever Artistry Shadows to add to my collection! I love these eye shadows so much. I feel like they're so underrated though because not a lot of people talk about them! Anyways even though it's fall I still like to have my pops of color incorporated in my look somewhere. So I did get two out of the box colors and one fall color. I currently do not have the eye shadows on me currently but as soon as I do, I will list what the name of each color is. The first eye shadow is a beautiful icy and frosty blue which would be beautiful as an inner corner highlight. The middle eye shadow is a loud metallic yellow. I don't have any colors like this and what caught my attention the most was it's color pay off and obviously the color. The next color is a beautiful plum color with teeny tiny gold reflects it in. This color is prefect for a smokey fall look! 




 I finally got my hands on a Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the color Vampira. In my opinion, if you want to rock a dark colored lip for fall, then you should probably use a matte liquid lipstick just so that it won't bleed or feather which is a big pet peeve of mine! I like this color a lot because when it dries, it has a brown undertone which I've been loving a lot. Any dark deep brown lipsticks are my favorite!




 The last item that I got was this MAC Pro Long Wear Lip Liner in Stone (of course). I love any grey lipstick as well! Any deep, earth tones I gravitate towards because dark lips are my favorite. I'm very impressed by the pigmentation and the consistency of this lip liner. It didn't clump up when I swatched it, it glided on my hand smoothly.








Comments

Popular Posts