Gustavo Rimada Master Copy

My recreation

Gustavo's (left) x Mine (right)


For my 2D Design class we had to pick an artist, dead or alive and recreate one of their pieces. Of course I picked one of my all time favorite artists Gustavo Rimada. I've been following religiously for awhile now and I admire his work so much. He uses such rich colors and creates beautiful ass pieces that makes me question my own skills. His work is so mind blowing, I can't say enough about him. Just look at his work, @art_de_gustavo on Instagram and you'll understand what I mean.
 This Frida Kahlo is probably my all time favorite piece from him. Let me tell you this was not easy to recreate at all! I pulled an all-nighter just to finish this because...well I procrastinate like crazy but honestly my rushed pieces are probably the best pieces I create. Anyways, I restarted this piece twice because I could not free hand the hand even if my life depended on it. So I cheated and used tracing paper, I mean what's a girl to do? Gustavo is so intricate with his details that I wanted to do the same. Oh and not to mention, he's super nice. I messaged him asking if I can recreate his work and he replied during my critique. Such a dream come true.






Comments

Popular Posts